IT320 Wan Technology/ Unit 4
Task: 4. you
1 . For what part of the OSI model really does CDP operate?
Data Website link layer
2 . What is the primary use intended for CDP?
To find out information about immediately connected Cisco devices
a few. What network layer protocols can CDP provide info for? IP, Internetwork Box Exchange (IPX), and AppleTalk
4. When ever CDP can be enabled on an interface, a router (or switch) sends CDP promotions for a regular basis, which list information about the mailing router. Included in the packets are a series of Type/Length/Value, or TLV, data constructions.
5. The show cdp neighbors control can be used to display one line details about every single directly linked CDP-enabled unit. List the six items of information exhibited. Device IDENTIFICATION, local interface, holdtime, ability, platform, and port IDENTIFICATION
6. Inside the topology of most Cisco equipment shown in Figure four-in-one, you are recorded Host A and consoled in to RTA. What products can you find in the end result from CDP commands? SWA, RTB, and RTCвЂ”only the directly linked devices which might be attached to RTA
7. How would you accumulate information about different CDP-enabled devices in the network? By Telneting to those equipment and using the show cdp neighbors command word 8. From RTB in Figure 4-1, what equipment can you see in the end result from CDP commands? RTA and RTD
9. Coming from RTC in Figure four-in-one, what gadgets can you observe in the output from CDP commands? RTA and RTD
10. Coming from RTD in Figure four-in-one, what devices can you find in the end result from CDP commands? RTB, RTC, and SWB
14. cdp operate Global Allows CDP worldwide on the router. cdp permit Interface Allows CDP by using an interface. crystal clear cdp desks Privileged PROFESSIONAL mode Resets the targeted traffic counters to 0. present cdp admittance User or privileged EXEC mode Shows information about a particular neighbor.
display cdp software User or privileged PROFESSIONAL mode Exhibits information about cadre on which CDP is
show cdp neighbors [detail] User or privileged PROFESSIONAL mode Exhibits at least six pieces of information about the neighbors
12. The cdp work command allows CDP throughout the world on the router. By default, CDP is globally enabled. The enable cdp command permits CDP on the particular software.
13. Fill in the appropriate instructions in the configuration/output that follows: RTC(config)#cdp run_ < -- Command that will commence CDP
RTC(config)#interface Ethernet 0
RTC(config-if)#no cdp enable < -- Shut off CDP on this interface RTC(config-if)#end
14. Why disable CDP on an interface or throughout the world? CDP adverts contain a wealth of information about your networking products Ethernet0 increased, line protocol is upEncapsulation ARPA
Mailing CDP bouts every 60 seconds
Holdtime is 180 mere seconds
Serial0 increased, line process is up
Sending CDP bouts every 60 seconds
Holdtime is definitely 180 secs
Serial1 is administratively down, line protocol is down
Sending CDP packets just about every 60 seconds
Holdtime is one hundred and eighty seconds
15. Fill in the proper commands inside the configuration/output that follows: RTC# show cdp
Global CDP data:
Sending CDP packets every 60 seconds
Sending a holdtime value of 180 mere seconds
Sending CDPv2 advertisements can be enabled
RTC# show cdp traffic < -- Control to display cdp statistics CDP counters:
Total packets output: 70, Insight: 34
Hdr syntax: 0, Chksum mistake: 0, Encaps failed: zero
No recollection: 0, Incorrect packet: 0, Fragmented: zero
CDP variation 1 advertisements output: 0, Input: 0
CDP edition 2 advertisements output: 75, Input: 34
RTC# very clear cdp surfaces < -- Command to reset visitors statistics RTC# show cdp traffic < -- Command word to display cdp statistics CDP counters:
Total packets output: 0, Input: 0
Hdr syntax: 0, Chksum error: 0, Encaps failed: zero
No storage: 0, Broken packet: zero, Fragmented: zero
CDP variation 1 ...