buckscivilwar.com

Celta Assignment 1, Language-Related Task

CELTA TASK 1

LANGUAGE-RELATED TASK

first pair of content:

1a) She's lived there for years.

1b) She were living there for a long time.

Form:

1a)'s conventional sentence structure term is ‘present perfect', and its ingredient parts will be: subject + auxiliary action-word has (conjugated here for ‘She' i. e. has) & _____ed (i. e. earlier participle)

1b)'s conventional grammar term is definitely ‘past simple', and its ingredient parts are: subject & ______ male impotence (i. elizabeth. past tense)

The meaning of 1a) is that ‘she' were living ‘there' before, she lives there today, and she'll presumably be living there for some indeterminable time in the near future, whereas this is of 1b) is that ‘she' lived ‘there' in the past, for some years, which is not living there at this point.

Generative framework

An estate agent, after displaying somebody in regards to house.

This can be just a conversation on a COMPACT DISC, a video or on paper, with pictures:

Interested party A) So , when ever was the last time somebody lived right now there then?

House agent, land agent, real estate agent, real estate broker B) Hmmmmm, well, it absolutely was lived in briefly a couple of years back by a mother and her young kid, but before that, well that takes all of us back a number of years…. Coming from 1976 there was a lady -- she were living there for a long time.

It's a lot to take on – there's a lot of advancements to be made… Do you know everything with the others who live nearby?

Well which lovely friends and family next door that side… they've only existed here for a year or two, but in that house there, (points) there is an old buck – she has lived right now there for years…

Anticipated problems with form

• The contractions of ‘has' to ‘s and ‘have' to ‘ve in our perfect maybe difficult to get learners to deal with, therefore they may avoid using them, consequently showing up too formal. • Irregular verbs.

…with meaning

• The different instances present best is used, plus the meanings it can infer.

• Together with the past basic, the meaning is more straightforward, although deciding which in turn of the two to use may cause problems as a result highlighting the importance of determining differences within the lesson.

…with pronunciation

• The word ‘for' is a weak form.

• The ‘v' in‘lived' could be a hard word for a few learners. • They can pronounce the ‘-ed' since ‘liv/ɛd/ instead of ‘liv/d/. • ‘Years' may well be a hard phrase to master as it is a dipthong.

Checking understanding:

In this case I would personally ask strategy questions (CCQs), in both cases: • ‘Does the lady still live there? ' a) Certainly. B) Number ‘

• ‘Will the girl live there tomorrow? ' a) certainly b) not any

• ‘Did she live there yesterday? ' a) yes

• ‘What tense is it? ' Present perfect/Past tense

second set of sentences:

2a) The students had still left when the bell rang

2b) The students still left when the bell rang

2c) The students were leaving when the bell phoned

Form

Typical grammar term: Past perfect. Constituent parts: subject + had + ____ (i. e. earlier participle) Conventional grammar term: Past simple. Constituent parts: subject & _____ (i. e. earlier tense) Standard grammar term: Past ongoing. Constituent parts: subject + was/were & ____ing (i. e. gerund)

Meaning

This refers to days gone by and conveys the fact that something occurred before some kind of interruption or perhaps event, likewise in the past. This refers to a conference in the past. In such a case an event during the past signalled the onset of an additional event before. It refers to an event going on and still taking place at the time of some type of interruption of times.

Generative Context

Ideally there would be 3 distinct videos demonstrating students going out of school with the different times. If this did not include possible a soundtrack could work instead.

Anticipated difficulties with form:

• Scholars may find hard to remember where and when to put the ‘had', plus the 'were'. • They may mixture up make use of the inflections ‘ing', previous tense and past participle. • The application of ‘ing' during the past could cause a particular trouble.

…with that means

Learners may...

Related

Essay in Environment

01.08.2019 What Do i need to Do to Protect Environment? Requirements: The writing ought to include the following aspects: 1 . In brief describe the latest severe environment in Shanghai/our…..